brought to you by the MIT Human Dynamics Lab
Badge Dataset - Publications and Findings
Wu and collaborators showed that an employee's rate of task completion was related to not only task difficulty, but also to how many other employees he could reach within two steps of his communication network [Wu et. al., 2008]. Dong estimated the instantaneous indoor locations of the employees from Xbee RSSI and showed that the employee with the highest performance visited half of the other employees frequently in finishing his tasks, and that the employee with the lowest performance constantly remained in his own workspace [Dong et. al., 2012b].
- [Dong et. al., 2013] Wen Dong, Bruno Lepri, Fabio Pianesi, and Alex Sandy Pentland. Modeling Functional Roles: Dynamics in Small Group Interactions. To appear: IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2013
- [Dong et. al., 2012b] Wen Dong, Daniel Olguin Olguin, Benjamin N. Waber, Taemie Kim, and Alex Pentland. Mapping organizational dynamics with body sensor networks. In Guang-Zhong Yang, Eric M. Yeatman, and Chris McLeod, editors, BSN, pages 130-135. IEEE, 2012.
- [Dong et. al., 2010] Wen Dong and Alex Pentland. Quantifying Group Problem Solving Using Social Signal Analysis. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces. Beijing, China, 2010:40-43
- [Wu et. al., 2008] Lynn Wu, Benjamin N. Waber, Sinan Aral, Erik Brynjolfsson, and Alex Pentland. Mining face-to-face interaction networks using sociometric badges: Predicting productivity in an it conguration task. In ICIS, page 127, 2008. Best paper award.
- [Kim et. al., 2008] Taemie Kim, Agnes Chang, Lindsey Holland, and Alex (Sandy) Pentland. Meeting Mediator: Enhancing Group Collaboration and Leadership with Sociometric Feedback (November 2008) In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work. San Diego, CA. November 2008.
- Pentland, A. "Reality Mining the Organization." Technology Review (2004). HTML